The Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech), established in 2005, was set up as a free zone for companies with operations in the field of biology, biotechnology and research; the area developed at a fast pace as it offered to investors an advantageous taxation regime and an infrastructure specific to this field of activity. If you are interested in opening a company in DuBiotech, our lawyers in Dubai can offer you assistance in any matter concerning the incorporation.
Characteristics of DuBiotech
DuBiotech can be considered an international hub for companies in the field of research, pharmaceutics and related fields, as more than 150 companies have set their business here. DuBiotech functions under the legislative system of the United Arab Emirates.
DuBiotech companies are approved by the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA). If you want to open a company, you can choose to register it as follows:
- • free zone limited liability company, which requires a minimum capital of AED 50,000;
- • branch of a local or foreign company, in which the investors are not imposed a certain level of minimum capital.
If your company will have operations in the field of manufacturing and production, the minimum capital required is AED 300,000. Any business activity in DuBiotech must have a license, attesting the field of activity the company has. All companies in DuBiotech receive their license from the Registration and Licensing Department of DTMFZA; our law firm in Dubai can offer you assistance throughout the registration process.
We invite you to watch the video presentation below with information about companies in DuBiotech:
Tax exemptions and incentives in DuBiotech
Starting a business in DuBiotech can offer various advantages to investors. The most important are the following:
• the company is exempt from income tax and corporate tax for 50 years, under certain criteria;
• the UAE legislation allows full foreign ownership and full repatriation of the profits;
• there is no customs duty;
• infrastructure dedicated to the field of activity specific to DuBiotech;
• access on the African, Asian and Mediterranean markets;
• interaction with major representatives of the industry;
If you need further details necessary for the registration of a company in Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park, please contact our Dubai law firm for representation.