Employee relocation to UAE, including Dubai, is not subject to a specific visa, as in most cases the work permit is the main condition under which an employee can be transferred within the same group of companies.
The requirements to obtain work permits for UAE have been streamlined, which makes personnel relocation to Dubai easier, as you are about to discover in the lines below. Also, you can rely on our lawyers for corporate relocation services in Dubai.
Steps and procedure for employee relocation to Dubai
Corporate relocation to Dubai implies first having an operational business there, so in certain cases, the foreign company must first set up a local office.
For foreign employees, it is the employer’s responsibility to secure the relevant visas and permits. The cost of any visa must also be covered by the employer. Here are the steps through which a Dubai company can transfer employees to the Emirate:
- the employer must file for an approval from the Ministry of Labor;
- then, the employee will be granted an entry permit visa by the Ministry, allowing to enter and remain in the UAE for a 30-day first stay;
- once arrived in Dubai, the foreign citizen has 60 days from entering the Emirate to get a resident visa;
- the employer starts the procedure for requesting a work permit, also known as a labor card, as soon as the employee arrives in Dubai.
Following these steps, the worker must also undergo a medical examination. After completion, the procedure to obtain a residence permit is initiated by the employer.
Thanks to modern facilities, obtaining a work visa, including for personnel relocation to Dubai, takes between 3 and 7 working days.
Our immigration lawyers in Dubai are at the service of foreign and local companies seeking to transfer employees to the Emirate. This is part of our corporate relocation services in Dubai.
Documents to draft for personnel relocation to Dubai
The following papers are needed to apply for a work permit for employee relocation to Dubai:
- the employment contract with the Dubai-based company
- copies of the applicant’s passport, birth certificate, and, if applicable, marriage certificate;
- evidence of housing in Dubai, such as a copy of the lease or rental contract;
- proof that the applicant has the resources necessary to maintain oneself in Dubai.
As part of our corporate relocation services in Dubai, we can also offer support in documents preparation.
If you want to immigrate to UAE through another type of residence permit, you can rely on our law firm in Dubai.
Corporate relocation services in Dubai
Employee relocation to Dubai implies completing various formalities that usually fall on the hiring company. This is why our Dubai lawyers provide corporate relocation support to mainland and free zone-established enterprises seeking to bring foreign workers. Our services also cover the needs of subsidiaries and branches of foreign companies with operations here.
We offer assistance in drafting the documents related to personnel relocation to Dubai and its free zones, as well as legal support in other connected matters, depending on each particular situation.
Statistics on UAE’s labor market
According to recent data, in 2020, the number of craftsmen and other related activities in the UAE was 1.06 million. Out of these, the largest number of employees were in the following sectors:
- 1,099 people worked in elementary position;
- 1,064 worked as craftsmen and other associated sectors;
- 722 worked in sales and services;
- 15,000 were specialists working in the agricultural, forestry, and fishery sectors.
For corporate relocation services in Dubai, contact us. Our lawyers in Dubai are at your disposal with tailored support in immigration.