Dubai Healthcare City Free Zone was established in 2002 as a high-quality healthcare center, oriented to the needs of the patients. At the moment, Dubai Healthcare City (DHC) is formed out of two hospitals and more than 120 medical clinics and laboratories, covering a wide range of medical specializations. Investors interested in opening a medical company in DHC will receive their license from the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority; our law firm in Dubai can provide you with information on the legislative system applicable in DHC.
Business activities in DHC
In DHC, registration of a company can be done through two legal entities; foreign investors can form a free zone limited liability company (FZ LLC) or a branch of the parent company. The branch does not require shareholders to have any minimum capital at the incorporation, but in the case of FZ LLC, the DHC authorities ask for the following minimum capital:
- • companies set up as clinics must have a minimum capital of AED 300,000;
- • companies incorporated as commercial offices must have a minimum capital of AED 50,000.
Given the advantages of a Dubai freelance visa, it is understandable why many UAE-based professionals would want to obtain a such a permit instead of a regular work contract. Both freelancers and businesspeople can enjoy many benefits when moving here, among which are those related to taxation.
Here is a video presentation with information about how you can register a company in DHC:
What types of companies can you open in DHC?
DHC can issue a license, allowing you to set up a business here, only for the following business activities:
- • clinical (inpatient/outpatient);
- • consultancy in the field of healthcare;
- • healthcare support and education;
- • publishing;
- • non-healthcare education services;
- • consultancy;
- • hotels/leisure activities.
Our law firm in Dubai can offer you more details about the most important business activities in DHC.
Not so long ago, foreign investors required a local agent to liaise with governmental agencies on behalf their companies. The most recent revisions of the Company Law, however, allow total foreign ownership in Dubai’s mainland. This means that if you come here with an investment visa for Dubai, you can become the sole owner of a business.
Company registration in DHC
The procedure of opening a business in DHC is simple, requiring the investor to present the following documents:
- • the Initial Application Form for the Center for Healthcare Planning and Quality;
- • the application for a business license in DHC;
- • the business plan of the company;
- • a copy of the passports of the managers, directors, shareholders and legal representatives.
The companies registered in DMC benefit of 100% foreign ownership, 100% repatriation of the profits and exemptions from the corporate tax (under specific requirements), income tax or customs duties.
If you need further information on the Dubai Healthcare City Free Zone, please contact our law firm in Dubai for legal representation.